Google shapes what we see. I tried to find up to date list of productivity blogs and I only could find few old lists with links to 404 pages or blogs which had updates several months or years back.
Here is my fix for the problem.
I did build this list and check that links really go somewhere and there is really productivity or life improvement blogs behind them.
My criteria for the list:
- the blog has post from year 2013
- the blog is mainly about productivity, self-improvement or life balance. I left out some blogs that were part of bigger industry and productivity was only small part of the site.
I will try my best to update this list monthly. If you think something is wrong or missing, please contact me or leave comment. I will add it to the list at latest next month when I verify that the links still work. You probably already noticed that two superstars are missing from the list. They get links anyway, don’t be too sorry for them
It is nice to notice that I am not alone.
50+ productivity blogs
(Updated Feb 2013)
The Giants of productivity blogs (and my heroes):
- Dumb Little Man (http://www.dumblittleman.com/)
- Zen Habits (http://zenhabits.net/)
- Life Hack (http://lifehack.org)
- Lifehacker (http://lifehacker.com)
- Penelope Trunk (http://www.penelopetrunk.com) Extremely well written blog. Something I can only dream about. Not only about productivity, but all things in life.
- 99u (http://99u.com/) How to make ideas happen.
- Time management ninja (http://www.timemanagementninja.com/)
Almost 50 other great productivity blogs:
- Simple life habits (http://simplelifehabits.com/) Productivity, Spiritual and Life Habits. Several podcasts.
- The Bucket List Society (http://thebucketlistsociety.com/)
- Nerd Fitness (http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/) Not actually productivity blog. The blog is about getting in shape. I really like the looks of this blog. I guess I am nerd.
Better Productivity Blog (http://betterproductivityblog.com) You are here!
- DEG Consulting (http://blog.degconsulting.net/) Lots of Evernote stuff.
- Bob Stanke (http://bobstanke.com/)
- Tablet Productive (http://tabletproductive.com/)
- Scott H Young. (http://www.scotthyoung.com/blog/)
- Lite Mind (http://litemind.com/) How to use your mind effectively.
- Steve Pavlina (http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/) Steve Pavlina is one of the superstars.
- Productive Flourishing (http://www.productiveflourishing.com/blog/)
- Pick the brain (http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/)
- Marc and Angel (http://www.marcandangel.com/)
- Life Optimizer (http://www.lifeoptimizer.org/)
- Unclutterer (http://unclutterer.com/) Not about productivity, but the topic is important for good life and for gtd.
- Sources of Insight (http://sourcesofinsight.com/)
- Picnet (http://www.picnet.com.au/blogs/marco/)
- Productive Superdad (http://www.productivesuperdad.com/) Nicely branded blog. Still Timo Kiander has only one kid. I have four and Zen Habits Leo Babauta has six. Timo – you don’t need to be superdad yet.
- Simple Productivity Blog (http://www.simpleproductivityblog.com/)
- Better Mess (http://bettermess.com/) How to get work done with ADHD.
- Alpha Efficiency (http://alphaefficiency.com/)
- The Productivity Pro (http://www.theproductivitypro.com/blog/)
- Productivity today (http://www.keyorganization.com/blog/)
- Legal Productivity (http://www.legalproductivity.com/) Productivity for lawyers.
- Pajama Productivity (http://pajamaproductivity.com/) I like the style of this blog. Not too serious.
- Cloud Productivity (http://www.cloudproductivity.net/) New focus on money.
- Michael Sliwinski (http://www.michaelsliwinski.com/) Founder of Nozbe.
- Ciara Conlon (http://www.ciaraconlon.com/)
- Think Productive (http://www.thinkproductive.co.uk/)
- Hillary Rettig (http://www.hillaryrettig.com/blog/)
- Productivity 101 (http://www.fokkekooistra.nl/blog/)
- Emphatia (http://www.empathia.com/blog/)
- Dawn Groves (http://www.dawngroves.com/)
- Personal Excellence (http://personalexcellence.co)
- LifeDev (http://lifedev.net/) Helping creative people create.
- David Seah (http://www.davidseah.com/) There is something really warm in this blog. I cannot describe it, but I like it.
- Pick the Brain (http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/)
- The Daily Saint (http://www.thedailysaint.com/)
- Life Optimizer (http://www.lifeoptimizer.org/)
- HD Biz Blog (http://hdbizblog.com/blog/)
- Motivational Speaker – Craig Harper (http://craigharper.com.au/)
- Your Life. Organized. (http://monicaricci.typepad.com/monica_ricci_organizing_e/)
- Ian’s Messy Desk (http://www.ismckenzie.com/)
- The Positivity Blog (http://www.positivityblog.com/)
- Change your thoughts (http://www.stevenaitchison.co.uk/blog/)
- Success Begins Today (http://www.successbeginstoday.org/wordpress/)
- Productivityist (http://productivityist.com/)
You can Subscribe to my newsletter. and get notifications when I do updates to this list.
If you follow all these blogs, you will know where your time and productivity goes – it goes to productivity blogs.